Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pan Seared Sesame Tuna

I have to say this year is shaping up to be another amazing one and APRIL is almost here and I'm happy to report I have stuck with several of my resolutions including the all important "face your fears", especially when it comes to cooking fish!

You know I've been afraid to cook fish for the longest time.  LONGEST time.  Well, I am excited that I finally got up the guts to turn my fear into curiosity and make some really delicious seafood cuisine and my only regret is that I haven't done this sooner.  Not only is fish incredibly healthy, but its also very quick and easy to prepare!!

A few weeks ago I baked some cajun salmon fillets that were absolutely fantastic!!  So, I thought I'd try my hand at Tuna Steaks, which are Scott's favorite.  I did try making Tuna steaks one time before, but they weren't quite as delectable the first time around.

Start with your beautiful tuna steaks.  Always make sure you buy sushi or sashimi grade Tuna steaks for this recipe and be sure they are a beautiful bright pink.

Preheat a skillet or cast iron pan with Olive oil over high heat.  Your pan really needs to be screamin' hot!

Rub tuna steaks with olive oil on each side.  Season with sea salt and pepper.  Dredge in sesame seeds.  I only had black sesame seeds on hand, but a mixture of black and white would make this a beautiful fish dish.

Last, sear Tuna on each side for about 2 minutes or just until the outside is cooked.  Tip 1: Don't overcrowd the Tuna.  Allow a little room so the Tuna cooks properly.  Tip 2:  Don't overcook the Tuna.  It's perfectly safe and delicious for the center to be a beautiful pink.


 That's It!!  All there is to it.  Topped with a drizzle of Japanese Mayo (bought at the Asian market) and served with Rice is Scott's favorite way to eat.


No comments:

Signature