Friday, April 6, 2012

Sexy Chicken

I love hearing the sizzle of a pat of butter when it hits a hot pan.  I love seeing the steam rise from a loaf of bread fresh from the oven.  I love the sound of a knife tapping its blade against a cutting board.  

Cooking, for me, is a sensory delight.  Truly.  It's where I can create and engage in my love affair with food.  It's where I combine a delicate balance of flavors and texture and where magic happens.  

I created this fantastic Sexy Chicken.  It's so easy and fast.  And a beautiful dish perfect for a special occasion or just to have on a Tuesday night.



4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.) or tenderloins
Pepper to taste
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
1 red pepper, sliced into very thin strips
1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
½- ¾ cup Caesar Dressing (you can use fat free)
1 cup Finely Shredded Italian Cheese Blend, Or you can use mozzarella or parmesan.
Hot cooked noodles or rice  
 
Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with pepper; cook 5 min. on each side or until cooked through.  Remove chicken once cooled.
Add vegetables, sauté until softened.  Add chicken, broth and dressing; cover. Cook on medium heat 6 to 8 min.
Spoon vegetables onto platter; top with chicken, sauce and cheese.  Serve with noodles or rice.


No comments:

Signature