Friday, June 25, 2010

Key Lime Cake


I must be in a mood for Lime lately! Because when I spotted these lime desserts on my latest Betty Crocker newsletter, I couldn't wait to bake!

Summer screams citrus for me! I love a fresh fruit salad. I even ate my first grapefruit this summer and lemmetellya, it was something else! The farmer's market has been full of these fabulous fruits and I just can't pass them up these days!

I'm a sucker for a Key Lime Pie! So, I couldn't resist to twist up this Key Lime Cake recipe I found!

Here's my version!

What you need:
1 white cake mix
eggs, applesauce, and water

1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 containers of yoplait Key Lime Pie Yogurt
Juice of 2 limes
1 container of fat free Cool Whip
Shredded coconut (optional)
Lime zest (garnish)

Bake cake according to package directions, but substitute the applesauce for the oil!
Cool for 5 minutes, then with the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake 1/2 inch from each other.

In a bowl, mix together milk, yogurt, lime juice. Blend well, then pour onto the cake, smoothing it over the top of the cake. This filling will seep down into the holes.
Refrigerate for about an hour and then top with cool whip and shredded coconut. (For a special touch, toast the coconut first) Garnish with fresh lime zest!

No comments:

Signature