Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Dinner

There were times she'd prepare something like a lasagna or maybe pork chops, but more times than not it was a yummy roast with carrots and potatoes prepared in the oven and so tender and delicious. When you walked in the door after coming home from church, that scent would hit you like a mack truck and make you so hungry you almost couldn't move.

One of us would set the table. Depending on the occasion, we'd use the Blue Willow patterned dishes. Or sometimes, we might use the solid white Corelle with the tiny green flowers along the edge. If it was a special occasion, we'd use the yellow and brown china that had been passed down, that I still LOVE to this day and hopefully *sigh, will inherit one day!

No matter what we dishes we used, nothing could beat one of my mom's Sunday dinners!

Well, I can't say that my kids are as fortunate to eat on classic plates! Heck, they're lucky if I let them eat on the melamine dinnerware I bought at Target! But I get no complaints about having a yummy Sunday dinner.

Today, I made a Crock Pot Garlic and Wine Chicken.

Start with 4 chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot

In a bowl, mix together the following:
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2-3 Tbl minced garlic
1 1/4 cup dry white wine
3 large sprigs of fresh rosemary
3 large sprigs of fresh thyme
1 Tbl crushed red pepper flakes
1 Tbl white Vinegar

Pour this mixture over the chicken and cook on low for 5-6 hours. And serve on your favorite dishes.

No comments:

Signature