Friday, January 28, 2011

Avacados are Green

It's so exciting when I get a message that says, "I tried your ______ recipe and it was fabulous!" It's great to know you read my blog, but it's even more exciting that you try the recipes and feed your family, and what's even better than that, is that you LIKE the recipes!!

I also love the messages that start with, "I have ______ ingredient, what should I make? or I need a recipe for (dessert, dinner, breakfast) to take to (potluck, family dinner, to my friends who had a baby)."

One of my favorite office ladies does this often, because she knows that:
A. it will be easy to make
B. It will be delicious
C. it will be a limited ingredient list
D. I will have a recipe within seconds of her asking

Although I like to challenge my culinary skills, our busy lifestyle usually only allows for easy healthy meals.

Well, here is another easy recipe I pulled out as I was looking through my collection. I'm still compiling for the cookbook, ya know. But thought this was blog worthy.

Being in the midst of an awesome avocado season, here's a guacamole recipe that's so easy, delicious and with a few ingredients your chips will be thankin' you for letting them take a dive into this voluptuous dip!! This would be a great Super Bowl party dip, too!!

3 avocados, peeled and diced
juice of one lime
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 jalapeno, minced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin

Prepare the avocado and toss with the lime juice.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended. You can make this as smooth or as chunky as you like! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Signature