Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again So Help Me Soup

Well, the holidays are over. Decorations are safely stowed. The kids are in school. Work at the office is catching up now that everyone is back. And for me, I'm just getting started on all of the exciting events for 2011.

So many possibilities enter my mind for the year ahead. I'm very excited about my first ever recipe collection...in book form!! If all goes as planned, the cookin' book will be published and available this spring.

In addition to all that happens in my kitchen, my other two businesses are booming. I'm in love with my life!! That's all there is to it!!

But no matter how busy I get, there's always one thing that has to happen! We have to eat :)

Here is a dinner that takes a boxed beef helper meal and turns it into a soup. It's done in 30 minutes, so we have time to finish homework, work on projects, and spend some time together.

So Help Me Soup

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 box helper lasagna flavored meal
5 cups hot water
1 can (14.5 oz) whole tomatoes, undrained
1 cup frozen corn
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 small zucchini, chopped (1 cup)
Additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired

In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
Stir in hot water, contents of sauce mix pouch (from helper box), tomatoes, corn and cheese; break up tomatoes. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in contents of uncooked pasta pouch (from helper box) and zucchini. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle each serving with additional grated Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Signature