Sunday, June 5, 2011

Vanilla Peach Ice Cream

I feel like I should share the importance of wearing sunscreen at the beach. My skin is still intact, but I was afraid I'd be mistaken for a lobster and that someone may take me home for dinner. After all, we did see a small Asian family gathering fresh seaweed and kelp from the shoreline and the excitement in their face was incredible to watch. Free Seaweed. From the Chesapeake Bay. If only I could've understood what they were saying. I need to brush up on my Asian languages. We decided they were taking it home to make soup. I didn't want to risk being mistaken for fresh seafood, so I applied my sunscreen. A little too late. Today, I'm sporting a beautiful crimson blanket of fire on my skin.

In addition, my face looks a little like Kim Kardashian's
pictured here.Sunglasses will do that to ya.

Well, now I must sooth the burn with some aloe gel and my soul with some homemade peach ice cream. I start with my basic vanilla ice cream and add fruit. I have really enjoyed making my own ice cream and what's even better is my kids love to make it too. The ice cream is delicious, creamy and perfect every time. I like it because I know exactly what's in it!!

1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 tbl vanilla
1 pint whipping cream
2 cups mashed peaches (frozen or fresh or one large can)

In a large bowl, stir together milk and vanilla.

In one large bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
On low/medium it takes about 4 minutes.Gently Fold into milk mixture.
In another bowl, mash peaches until soft. Gently stir into whipped mixture.

Check out these yummy peaches.
I can't wait to go to Georgia this summer so I can stock up on some fresh beauties.
Pour mixture into a freezable 2 quart container. Freeze for 8 hours or until set.
This is definitely a Satisfied Spoon.
*TIP: Glad-ware and Tupperware are both great to freeze in.

No comments:

Signature