Thursday, July 7, 2011

Simply Satisfied

So there I was on the couch on a quiet, rainy afternoon. Poignant that Julie and Julia was on Epix movie channel, when I get a knock on the door. I'm greeted by FedEx and a beautiful brown box.

What's inside you ask? Only the last year of my life, heart, and soul, man hours, and my heart is exuberantly filled with excitement!!

MY COOKBOOK HAS ARRIVED!!!

It was hard to contain my giddiness as I danced around the house with glee. Avoiding ripping the box to shreds, I carefully removed the plastic packaging and the brightly colored 8.5"x8.5" square book, breathing in the new book smell. All 67 pages of perfect bound softcover bliss. Pure joy overcame me!!

This book has been a labor of love for the last year. It takes a LOT of hours to prepare, test, and tweak each recipe, as well as choosing what makes it and what doesn't. Then, there are hours of editing and choosing the right layout, font, and order of each recipe. Then, there are hours of making sure each recipe has the ingredients listed in proper order, the correct directions. Then, there is choosing a cover and the photos. And it all comes neatly packaged and arrives at my door!

What happiness!!!

When can you have one? Target date of August 1 for pre-orders (working out the details), so you can get your hands on a copy very soon!!

I must send out a HUGE thank you to the support I have been given. I'm incredibly thankful and grateful for the opportunity. There are so many friends who have been faithful in giving their opinions and available for taste tests on a whim. I'm thankful for the encouraging words and the excitement from my friends and family. So, to you, I am humbled and honored to be given this opportunity!!

No comments:

Signature