Friday, September 30, 2011

Slow Cooked Stroganoff

For the last 2 months, I've been busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Now that the books have closed for 2011, I have considerably more time to get things done. Or do I?

By my calculations I'll be available to relax in late February of 2012. This weekend is our kickoff to fall. You know how much soccer season means to us....we have 3 games....two tomorrow....one the next day. As if that weren't enough, I have another 2011 Wedding that I am fortunate and excited to photograph.....I'm not just excited about the open bar, either. My crock needs to work a double shift this weekend just to keep up with my schedule. I'm pretty sure I need to ask for a back up crock for Christmas this year in the case that mine decides she's had enough of me. Gear up for some fall crock recipes and Pumpkin month begins tomorrow. Happy October Eve!!

I've heard this is the *best ever* recipe for Crock Beef Stroganoff. You can decide for yourself.

2 cans Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1 large onion diced
2-3-4 tabls of Worcestershire (a staple in my house)
1/2 water
1 tsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp of Hot Paprika
2 pounds cubed stew meat
8 oz of cream cheese

In the slow cooker stir all of the ingredients together, except the meat AND the Cream Cheese. Once combined add the meat and mix together.

Cook on Low for 8 hours.

Cut up the cream cheese into cubes just before serving and turn crockpot on high. Stir the cream cheese in until all combined. You might have to put the lid back on and leave for 10 minutes.

Serve over egg noodles or hot cooked rice.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

We make a similar strogy with sour cream! YUM!

Elle Girl said...

I typically use SC in mine, but this recipe is pretty delish with the Cream Cheese. :)

Signature