Friday, September 9, 2011

Seriously Busy

If you were missing me, I'm so sorry for my absence. It's been one of THOSE weeks.
The air conditioner died this week, which meant I haven't been the most pleasant of people to be around. This being the week we decided to have warmer than normal temps, Dang Virginia Weather!!

Suffice to say, there hasn't been much cookin' happening in my house this week. Unless you count heating Chicken Noodle Soup in the microwave. Which I don't count by the way.

However, it's been a great week of back to school excitement in our house. The kids started their first weeks in College, 10th, 8th, 5th, and 2nd grades. Every year I show appreciation for the elementary teachers and give them a little back to school gift. Teachers work so hard and invest so much I think they deserve a little treat for the school year. So, this year is no different.

We made these very cute jars!!
Tools you need:
Scrapbook paper
Printed "Looking forward to a "sweet" year with you!" Tag
Glue Stick
Jar with locking lid (found these at Michael's Craft Store)
Candy
Ribbon

I found these very cute sticky notes and made a special order. Wrapped in a cellophane bag and tied with cute ribbon, and you have an adorable little teacher treat.

A simple gift can really make a memory!!

So, my organization paid off, until the air went out, so all of the crock pot meals I planned for this week will have to wait for next week. Thanks to Subway and the fresh meals at the grocery store, we still ate pretty good this week. Next week, our A/C should be up and running and I'll be able to give you some new suppers that are perfect for busy school days!

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Signature