Sunday, January 29, 2012

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Granola Bars

My kids are major snackers.  So I've been trying to incorporate the healthiest snacks possible for when their mood strikes.  And my sweet little 8 year old is addicted to peanut butter, so I whipped up these yummy Peanut butter and Chocolate Granola Bars.  They've lasted all of 8 minutes.  I digress.  Next time I'll make a double batch!






1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup peanut butter chips
1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips




In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, honey, egg, oil and vanilla until blended.







In another bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and salt; add the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. (Batter will be sticky.)




Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.  (I like to line my pan with nonstick foil)


Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.





No comments:

Signature