Saturday, January 28, 2012

Taco Dip Super Bowl Dish

My dear friend Kristen (who is totally amazing) asked me for a vegetarian recipe idea she could make in the crock to take to a super bowl party.  I had to put my thinking cap on and come up with something munchie like so I offered my suggestion for a Taco Dip and Black bean stuffed peppers.

The more and more I thought about it, the more hungry I became for taco dip.  Amazing how that happens.


I highly suggest you take Beano before eating.  Just sayin'.


Taco Dip 
1 cup frozen corn
1 can red kidney beans, drained
1 can black kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup mild taco sauce
1 can (4 oz) mild diced green chilies
1 can (4 oz) ripe olives
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
tortilla chips
sour cream


Mix first 8 ingredients in crock pot.  Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours or high 1-2 hours.  Just before serving, stir in cheese.  Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream.  This can just be left on low for serving at a party.

*Note:  If you want to add meat, cook ground beef in a skillet until brown, drain well, then mix with other ingredients in the crock.

*Note:  This can be cooked in an oven safe dish at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Signature