Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I totally love homemade chicken salad. There are so many varieties and spices you can add that alter the taste and personalize your dish. It's so easy to make. I tend to like chunky chicken salad that has a good bite to it. I also like a bit of sweetness. My local market has a great salad bar and they offer a wide variety of ready made salads. Their white meat chicken salad is incredible, so I decided to take a gander at recreating it at home and by golly I think I've got it.

Chicken Salad
(enough for 4 generous sandwiches)

2 chicken breasts, boiled in water until cooked through, cooled, and shredded
1/3 cup sweet relish
3/4 cup of light mayonnaise
2 Tbl yellow mustard
2 Tbl chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped green onion
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbl yellow mustard
1 Tbl sugar

Mix all the ingredients together and you have a delicious chicken salad. My family likes it on a toasted sesame seed bun, served alongside carrots and ranch dip. Makes a perfect lunch.

1 comment:

Scrapping Julie said...

sounds yummy. cant wait to try it!

Signature