Saturday, March 6, 2010

Do not look directly into the Chicken

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst,
for they are sticking to their diets"


So, I'm following the plan! And guess what, I've already lost 5 pounds and I'm not missing any of the salt. Nope! There is still a world of food that I can eat, or my own recipes that can be altered. And I've started using Mrs. Dash! Whoo, she's a good lady!

My family is becoming healthier everyday and if I didn't tell them it was low sodium, I don't think they'd know the difference!


Here's a Stuffed Chicken recipe we had tonight!

6 thin sliced chicken breasts (or you can pound your own chicken flat)
1/2 pkg frozen broccoli florets
1 Tb unsalted butter
1/2 cup mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
1 Tb minced garlic
Mrs. Dash garlic and herb
1/4 cup finely shredded Mozzarella cheese
Fresh ground pepper
Hot cooked rice

Cook broccoli per package directions, drain.

For the vegetable stuffing: In a small skillet, melt butter. Lightly saute onion, mushrooms and garlic. Add 1 Tb of Mrs. Dash garlic and herb. Add broccoli.

Place a small amount of vegetable stuffing in each chicken breast. Top with cheese ,then tightly roll and place seam side down in a baking pan. Sprinkle with more garlic and herb seasoning.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Yum!!!

No comments:

Signature