Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In a Pinch

So our soccer season is officially underway! I was chosen to be the "team mom"! Which I truly love, but sometimes I totally over commit myself! I hope for a fantastic season, though. I'm sure my creative side will have a flare up soon, especially when I peruse the aisles of the craft store. It's so exciting to get my kids pumped up for game day! We usually jam in the car to Twisted Sister's "We're not gonna take it" and Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" on the way to the field. Well, this season will be no exception.

Wednesdays are always our busy days! That's why I had officially designated "crock pot Wednesday" for this very hectic day of the week. However, I'm still catching up on the things I didn't get accomplished while in the midst of sickness and I didn't consider the crock pot this week. Shame on me, much shame!

Tonight's supper: Fish sticks. Ugh, yes, the frozen ones. But it was just the 2 girls to feed, so it worked in a pinch! A side of home fries with ketchup and tarter sauce, wait no tartar sauce? I felt like Spongebob! What's a Krabby Patty without tartar sauce?

Homemade Tartar sauce:
1/4 cup light mayo (I use Duke's or Hellman's)
3 Tb sweet relish
2 tsp minced garlic or powder
fresh black pepper
pinch of sugar

Mix all of these ingredients and voila! Tarter sauce!

No comments:

Signature