Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chicken Ricardo

I had started making Chicken Rrrricardo (emphasis on the R...roll it for the full effect). BUT, when I got home and finally settled down to check on it, I realized the crock pot had become unplugged. Can you say....frustrating??

So, I dumped an entire dinner in the trash, because let's face it....chicken that sat in a crock all day is just uncool.

My emergency substitution is Chili and cornbread. Eh, it'll do.

I still wanted to share it with you, even if it's not tonight's dinner!!
Chicken Ricardo
1 package of boneless Chicken Thighs (You can use breast meat or a mixture, whatever your family likes.)
1 can Rotel tomatoes and chilis
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of black beans (drained)
2 cups of shredded cheese
1 cup of sour cream

Place everything in crock pot except for the sour cream. Cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in sour cream. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. This is a great filling for tortillas if you shred the chicken, you can serve it with Spanish rice and a salad for a great meal.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Signature