Sunday, February 21, 2010

If you can't stand the heat....

That cajun vibe just bites me sometimes and I can't help but want to get in on the spicy flavors of the creole. One of my favorite dishes is Jambalaya, but how do I get all of southern Louisiana's best cooks in my kitchen?

Well, I just put all of that delicious flair into my crock pot and slow cook it 'til the Mardi Gras. Well, maybe not quite that long, but after a few hours, you'll be singing Zydeco!So, if you like a little kick in the pants, here's some great French Quarter Cuisine that you'll love!

Jambalaya

1 onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
3 tablespoons of Garlic
1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1.5 tablespoons parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 to 1/2 tsp of red pepper sauce (Tabasco, Texas Pete, etc)
salt and pepper to taste
1 package of beef summer sausage
2 chicken breasts sliced into 1 inch chunks
4 cups of hot cooked rice

Place everything but the rice into the crock pot and cook for 7-8 hours on low! Serve with hot rice and enjoy!








Print these coupons...
















About Concordance™





1 comment:

Scrapping Julie said...

this one is next on the list to try, soon as we get settled in the new house.

Signature