Wednesday, August 3, 2011

National Peach Month

HAPPY PEACH MONTH
EVERYONE


I'm a happy camper when it comes to fresh summer peaches. And this year the crop is supposed to have been one of the best ever. I can think of a lot of different ways to use peaches and I plan to share a few ideas over the course of the month!

But now that August is here, next week happens to be apple week, followed by some exciting food holidays....like Lemon Meringue Pie day and Filet Mignon Day and my personal favorite is National S'mores Day, I have a feeling I'll be making my toaster S'mores for the office that day!

I always go back to my teen days when I think about peaches. If you're 30 something you'll remember this song and you'll know why. "movin' to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches...."
Warning: This song can get stuck in your head.

I've got a bowl full of fresh Carolina peaches and I'm thinking a batch of warm peach pancakes with praline topping.

Yum!!

Syrup
1/2 cup maple-flavored syrup
1/4 cup pecan pieces
1 medium peach, peeled, chopped (3/4 cup)

Pancakes
2 cups baking mix
1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
2 tablespoons pecan pieces
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 container (6 oz) peach yogurt

In 1-quart saucepan, heat all syrup ingredients over low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot; keep warm.
Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; grease with shortening if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients until blended. Pour batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown.
Serve with peach maple syrup.

No comments:

Signature