Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chocolate Pecan Pie

Do you say Peecan? or Pecaun? Well, either way, pecan pie is a classic. You'll be hard pressed not to find one of these at a church potluck. And my favorite recipe is my Grandma Mildred's Pecan Pie.

At this time of the year, I tend to bake more than any other season. I don't know if it's the part of me that loves to share baked goods or just because it's a tradition to bake during the fall and winter months. It certainly does keep the house warm and cozy.

I was tidying some paperwork today and came across one of my recipes for Chocolate Pecan Pie. It gives a nice twist on a traditional favorite, but takes the flavor just another step.

I thought I'd share with you!! Enjoy!!

1 piecrust for a 9" pie
2 eggs
1/2 cup AP flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 stick melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
Pecan halves for presentation.

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Using your favorite pie crust (homemade or storebought), fit into a 9" pie plate. Crimp Edges. Evenly layer 1 cup of chocolate chips in the bottom of the crust.

In a large bowl, beat eggs, then slowly add flour and then sugar. Beat on low for a minute and a half. Stir in butter and vanilla until completely combined. Fold in chopped pecans. Pour into the pie crust on top of the chocolate chips. Layer the pecan halves in a pattern on the top of the pie filling.

Bake for 55 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove and cool.

No comments:

Signature