Friday, November 19, 2010

Veggie & Cheese Stuffed Pasta

I could eat pasta almost any night of the week. If my family weren't such traditionalists, I would make it for Thanksgiving; we'd have a lasagna. Maybe I was Italian in my former life. Who knows.

I was in the mood for pasta, so I bought some jumbo pasta shells and stuffed them with veggies and cheese. The great thing about this is it's so versatile. You can use just about any kind of veggie you like.

Here's my version of Veggie & Cheese Stuffed Pasta.

Boil 1 box of Jumbo Pasta Shells, just until soft. Do not cook through complete, these will bake and you don't want to overcook the pasta.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a baking dish, spread 1/4 cup of pasta sauce (use your favorite jar/can/homemade sauce)

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together 1 (15 oz) container of Ricotta Cheese, 1 egg, 2 Tbl. minced garlic, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, 1 box of frozen creamed
spinachOnce your mixture is creamy and well mixed, pour into a ziploc bag. Snip the corner with a pair of kitchen scissors and you have the perfect way to fill your shells with the cheese and spinach mixture. Lay evenly in the baking dish, top with the remaining sauce and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.


Your veggie and cheese stuffed shells will be creamy and delicious!! Enjoy!!


No comments:

Signature