Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eugene, you genius!!!

This recipe originated in Connecticut somewhere. At least, that's how I remember it. The first time I had this dish was when my ex-mother-in-law made it for a Sunday dinner after church, over 10 years ago. It quickly became a favorite and I still make it for my new family because, we still love it.

It's so easy that you can't really mess it up. I'm sure it's been adapted, but here's my version...

8 oz sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4-6 chicken breasts or thighs, your choice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a baking dish place chicken. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and mushroom soup. Pour over the chicken. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over white or brown rice.

*The sauce will be thin.

No comments:

Signature