Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It was 1980 something

So last night my entire dream was completely set in the 1980s, I kid you not. I venture to say '86. But it could've been '87. I can't be sure. I'm not sure what year my DeLorean was set to and Doc was nowhere in sight.

Big shoulder pads, even bigger hair, Bon Jovi (80s JBJ, not 2011 JBJ),

PacMan, Ferris Beuller, and a strange mix of tube socks and short shorts combed through the scenes of my dream. But even more unsuspecting.....I was the only one still in 2011. I was like a lone Jetsons character. A futuristic girl. Getting strange, but awe struck looks, I felt a little like Lady Gaga when I woke up.

What does all of this mean I wonder? Where's Sylvia Browne when you need her? I better call Montel.
While I research this dream business, on the Menu we have a Slow Cooked Honey Mustard Chicken. A simple sauce is drizzled over plain old chicken and slow cooked to perfection. It's a super simple recipe. Perfect with some sliced home spuds or rice pilaf. Mmmmm.

4 chicken breasts (I prefer boneless and skinless)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sweet-hot, or dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch curry powder, to taste

Place chicken in slow cooker.
Melt butter. (To save time, I just zap it in the microwave for a few seconds) Remove from heat and add honey, mustard, salt and curry powder. Mix well. Pour over chicken.

Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

No comments:

Signature