Monday, May 2, 2011

Crock Parmesan Chicken Sammies

HAPPY MAY!!!! Gosh, May! When did that happen?? I think we still have Christmas ornaments out....with the Easter candy. Nothing wrong with that I guess.

Well, for our family, May brings with it 2 of our children's birthdays, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, and we are preparing for the oldest to graduate high school. Very exciting things are happening and we have many reasons to celebrate. All of my many ventures are blooming and it's keeping me extra busy these days, which means, I'm having a tough time getting dinner "on the table" quick.

Ah, it's time to break out the dearly beloved crock!! Again I will tell you I have an obsession with the crock pot. It's like a magic machine. I turn it on. Leave. Come home. Dinner is ready. How could I not be in love with cooking this way?

I did say that there are many events this month, which means more moolah spent on gifts and parties!! How about some Chicken Parmesan Sammies on the cheap?

Bonless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (about 3 1/2 pounds)
1 can/jar prepared spaghetti sauce
14 slices frozen Parmesan-flavor Texas toast from two 11.25-ounce packages
2 cups shredded Italian-style cheese blend (8 ounces)

Place chicken in slow cooker and top with tomato sauce.

Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.

Remove chicken from cooker; place on cutting board. Pull chicken into large chunks, or shred, then gently stir into sauce in cooker.

Set oven control to broil. Place Texas toast on broiler pan rack. Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over each toast slice and top with about 2 tablespoons cheese.

No comments:

Signature